Medicare Advantage is also referred to as Medicare Part C.
These are private Medicare plans where you pay copays for many routine services like doctor’s visits, lab-work, ambulance, surgeries, hospital stays, urgent care and more.
Did you know you don’t have to be turning 65 to be eligible for Medicare Advantage? Certain individuals are eligible for Medicare under the age of 65, including those with disabilities.
Many of the Medicare Advantage plans offer additional, and incredible, benefits. These benefits include:
- Hearing Aids
- Access to nurses and doctors by phone
- Money for groceries and vitamins
- And more!
Who is eligible for Medicare Part C?
Any Medicare beneficiary, regardless of age, can purchase a plan if they meet these criteria:
- You are enrolled in both Medicare Part A and B. Many people make the mistake of trying to drop Part B once they enroll in Medicare Part C. If you drop Part B, you will immediately be kicked out of your Part C plan.
- To be eligible for Medicare Part A and B you must:
- You live in the plan’s service area. This Medicare Part C eligibility will be based on the address that you have on file with Social Security. You must choose a plan that operates in that same county. Some plans will be specific to only one or two counties, while others might span the whole state.
- You don’t have End-Stage Renal Disease. This is only medical questions on a Part C application.
How do I enroll for Medicare Part C?
Medicare Part C, a plan we know now as Medicare Advantage, is not a program that you enroll in at Social Security. You will talk with a licensed professional of a private insurance company to compare and select plans. You can also call us to help connect with you benefits at 855-957-4446.
When do I enroll for Medicare Part C?
You will need to enroll during the Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). You may join Medicare Parts A, B, C and D during this time:
- The 3 months before your 65th birthday,
- The month of your birthday, and
- The 3 months after your birthday.
Questions or need support? Call us now at 855-957-4446.